would you be upset if your friend wanted to name her daughter your daughters name?

a friend of mine is pregnant and asked me the other day could she name her child my child name. I htought it was sweet that she asked..most people wouldnt care. I said no but inside I do care the name symbolizes something that means a lot to me..my 1st daughter died and I found away to put both names together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• heck yeah i would,wats ur girls name?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No not at all !! In fact I would be honored by the fact! She thinks your daughters name is so wonderful , that she wants to have it for her own daughter! That is a really big compliment to you I would say!
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 6:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• tell her how u really feel about it
    Anonymous

• Not really sure. I think Id be a bit upset but also a bit flattered. It would be an interesting mix of emotions for a bit I think but wouldnt tell my friend no dont use that name. LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My friend named her baby the same as one of my son's. My son thinks it is great! I think it is really sweet she asked you first.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't mind, that just shows that I did a good job in the name dept, and like you said she didn't have to ask. It is her business what she names her kid. If you are upset maybe tell her about it and why.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• normally no, but with the name having such sentimnental value to you, I would probably feel a bit weird about it. Maybe explain the value of it to her and let her make a decision.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss mama. If she names her child after your deceased child's name combined with your second child's name - or any part of that - isn't that actually an HONOR to your children that the names you've chosen

between your own two children for specific reasons

will live on even longer in history?

I think it's more than taking your baby's honor and memory. It's giving memory to your baby gone. "mommy how did I get my name -if that mom knows your circumstance some day she'll share the real reason of the name being its beauty plus honoring a beloved baby who's bassed.

I know a little bit what you're going through. Something similar to me and my child but not my child's passing.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i don't mind at all. a friend named her daughter after mine, and i thought it was really sweet. she loves my daughter so much and she wants her girl to be just like mine. of course i think she's a nutcase for that, but that's a whole other story.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 7:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No, I don't think I would be upset.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010