Should we get another Toyota Sienna?

Our 2004 Toyota Sienna was recently totaled in an accident. It was perfect for our family so I was just going to get another van just like it. But now I'm having second thoughts. Siennas aren't on Toyota's recall list - yet - but I'm wondering if our van was a timebomb and losing it was a blessing in disguise. Given what's going on with Toyota these days would you get any of their cars, whether or not it's on the recall list?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's up to you. I prefer Honda Odysseys, which are very similar. We've had three with no problems.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Its your personal perference and decision. But I wouldn't. But that's me. Best of luck on what ever you chose.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Buy American!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have a 09 Sienna and love it. All cars have recalls at some point.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey are basically American cars at this point. They are numbers 6 and 7 on this list: http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&subject=ami&story=amMade0808 assembled in the US of more than 75% domestic parts.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes, Yes , Yes! I love Toyota and this overinflated scare would not stop me from buying another. Recall happen all the time and from what i have seen Toyota is working very hard and has been very truthful about what is going on and what they are doing to fix any problems. Thats more than any Government Motors would do. If you liked your Sienna I'd buy another. Toyota is still built better than any other comparably priced vehicle on the market
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• The recall in itself isn't such a big deal (because, yes, recalls do happen all the time), it is the fact that Toyota wouldn't even ADMIT to the problems until the freaking government had to STEP in!! They knew the problems with the brakes were causing accidents/DEATHS, but they claimed it was the floormats. I've never owned a Toyota and now I definitely NEVER will!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:12 AM on Feb. 11, 2010

• The Toyota Sienna is not on the recall list. I have a 2010 Toyota Sienna XLE and love it. Check out the new redesigned 2011 Toyota Sienna. Happy vehicle shopping :o)
    DukesWife

Answer by DukesWife at 2:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2010