this winter i feel so blah

the weather is horrible i just wish it was summer already! The sun always makes me happy and in good moods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Take some vitamin D - it helps, it really does! I usually get some funky seasonal "depression" going on, but this year I started taking vit D because we've had such a horrible lot of snow, and I feel so much better! If I forget to take it a day, I feel lousy the next - I'm taking 5000IU a day.
    Anonymous

• aw really? im going to try it thanks!! :)
    Anonymous

• wow what a great idea....I'm going to try it too.....I always feel so sleepy and tired during the winter....does that happen to you too?
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• yes but i dont think it helps that im pregnant on top of things lol :)
    Anonymous

• well that does add to it LOL
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Winters always seem to do me in, too. I"m on meds for depression, but I told my doc that when the days are bright and sunny I actually feel better. She told me that the short winter days puts a lot of people into a funky mood because they don't have the extra sunshine to keep them happy.
    Before taking anything, though, ask your doc first, okay? I know a lot of stuff is sold over the counter, but it can still be dangerous if taken incorrectly or in the wrong dosage.
    I hope spring comes for all of us soon!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder
    Anonymous