Do your kids make their bed every morning?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 7:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd like them to, and ask them, but no they don't.

maybe 2-3 mornings a week it gets done.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• no, I always do it...but then again they're 3 and 5.......they do however clean their room very well.....
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes. All my kids and grandkids have made their bed from the time they were 5. Our rules include your bed made before breakfast on school days. On lazy days where we are lounging in jammies..they don't have to make it until they get dressed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'd not be so comfortable asking them to do something *I* don't do.

It's really only a company/guests thing. Especially since they both still nap a lot of the time... it'd only be made for like 5 or 6 hours.

They do keep their room and playroom clean though. I have a strict 1 toy/thing at a time rule
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• nope, very rarely and i dont care. its HIS bed
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No. As long as all their pillows, blankets and stuffed animals are on the bed and not all over then I'm good. I don't even make my bed until lunch time half the time (depends on my mood).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes. They are 7 & 8.
    Anonymous

• nope, and i dont expect her to...i dont make mine either..whats the point..noone sees it!! if someone comes over, then i do..but..that never happens..lol..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yes my son doesn it was part of his chore chart and now he does it without even thinking about it! He is 5 and it isn't perfect, but as long as he made and effort I don't say a word and I also don't go and fix it.. He did it and I am not going to say it wasn't good enough! I think it is great to have a system in place b4 school, it goes a lot better! He wakes up gets dressed, makes his bed, brushes his teeth, then eats breakfast and then ready for the bus! The only problem I have is getting him up..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2010