What fun yet cheap thing can one do to celebrate Valentine's Day?

What can be fun, new, special and unique to celebrate Valentine's Day? DH are jobless. Yet we love loving days like these. Sweetest Day Etc.. What can we do? What are you doing? What's the best thing you can share?? Thank you for any nice replies! I look forward to hearing yours! Thank you! Happy Valentine's Day Early!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• cook a meal .... u have to do that every night anyway, right?? lol.
    do it semi nude, by candle light ....
    buy a few extra nice things (couple scallops for less than $10, etc)
    rent movies
    play board games, I suggest drunken scrabble
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I cannot suggest mine.... we got our tax refund and splurged on kobe ribeyes.... imported from Japan. LOL. But we're 1 income and have had many, many holidays on the cheap and a few on the downright broke.

Bowling isn't a terrible way to go either. Laughing at each other can be terribly romantic
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I don't know where you live, so I don't know if a nice stroll in a meadow or park is do-able.
    My husband and I just love to spend time alone with each other and watch old movies while we rub each other's backs. He likes to brush my hair and I massage his hands with lotion after I shape his nails.
    It is all about spending time with each other and reconnecting. It doesn't have to be sexy or sexual, unless you want that.
    Find some poetry online, especially the old-fashioned good stuff, and write it on parchment paper. Then seal it with wax and place it where he will see it.
    My husband, in our VERY poor days, used to write down lyrics from love songs in letters to me and I cherish those to this day. He even used to draw little hearts around my name, which was so sweet!
    Romance and love is what you make it. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010