6 wks preg..can i???

Take tylneol cold or anything of that sort for this horrible cold I have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have before, but if it's something that concerns you just ask your doctor
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I was sick in the 1st trimester and the Dr. said Tylenol cold was ok. I was still not wanting to drug up my baby so I would just take 1 at night and it was only on the bad nights so maybe everyother night or so.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 8:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• plain regular strength tylenol and reg benedryl unless your doctor says otherwise. Tylenol cold can elevate the baby's heartrate which can be very dangerous
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• tylenol is fine so is tylenol pm. please ask your doctor before taking anything
    Anonymous

• My doctor said all Tylenol products are safe. She actually told me to take Tylenol before.
    Anonymous

• Before 16 weeks you are not supposed to take anything including tylenol unless it is absolutely needed, call your doctor to find out what they think. This is straight off the sheet my OB gave me for this pregnancy.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well the sheet my doc gave me at my 4 week check up says Tylenol is completely safe.
    Anonymous

• Tylenol plain tylenol is the only pregnancy safe medication, any other tylenol products have other stuff in them that is not safe for pregnancy. Also it is not safe to take too much tylenol it can cause liver damage for both you and the baby and that is a fact.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Always call your OB or the nurse at their office. You will only get opinions on Cafe Mom and I personally wouldn't trust any of these people with my child's life. You can also call a pharmacy and they will be able to tell you.

The women on here don't know anything. lol
    Anonymous