im 16 weeks prego & i find myself waking up on my back alot.

anyone else sleep on their back and everything turn out ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had/ have this problem and I am 34 weeks. Just recently I started tucking a pillow behind my back so I cant roll over all the way flat. It works really well and still allows you to lay partly on your back but tipped to the side. GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 8:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• you and the baby will be fine if you are really concerned please talk to your doctor
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah. Your belly will hurt or be uncomfortable (or the rest of you will be) if you're in a position that will hurt you or the baby. I'm 15 weeks along and wake up on my back.. I think it's because our tummys aren't flat anymore but they're not big enough to be able to rest on the bed when we lay on our sides so it ends up being a strain on our backs.. I fall asleep on my side and wake up every morning on my back.. totally normal.. when you get bigger (middle to end on this trimester) I would suggest either laying on your side with your back resting on your SO or on your side with a couple firm pillows at your back and whatever is comfy for your head, a soft pillow for under your belly, and a pillow for between your knees... my fiance HATED sleeping with me with our first because, "You and your damned pillows take up most of the bed!" You can either have a ton of pillows or buy a specialty pillow made for preg women :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• this is my 4th baby im preg with now and ive always slept on my back some of the time....i have 3 healthy boys..lol
    Anonymous

• don't worry! your body will let you know if you shouldn't be on your back anymore.

The big concern with sleeping on your back is way later in the pregnancy when the baby actually weighs enough to compress veins and arteries.
    Anonymous

• i have the same problem im 17 weeks this is my 3rd usually by the time i hit about 3o weeks i stop lol dont ask me how lol
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It's fine! Your body will adjust positions when it becomes an issue. Just sleep how you are comfortable.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I agree with the PP. I still sleep on my back a lot and I'm over 20 weeks. Your body will tell you when it isn't really good to do anymore. It gets uncomfortable and you just plain won't wake up like that or want to lay that way.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2010