No Caffine, now what?

I am really missing my coffee and pop. I do not get much sleep at night and so I have been using caffine to help keep me awake to take care of my boys, the house and other stuff that is needed to be done. I am doing a 30 day fast from caffine to see if it stops my headaches, and if my headaches go away then I am not sure what I am going to do..

So, my question is.... What else is out there that I could try to help keep me awake and not feeling like laying on the couch all day long? I need something that will help as much as caffeine would..

Neeters1

Asked by Neeters1 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Health

• There is certain teas you can drink. If you go to the tea section in your grocery store all the teas will list what they are for.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The caffeine fast will more than likely help your headaches. Most teas though, unless herbal, have caffeine in them.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I did this for Lent one year, first off the first 2 weeks are horrible you get headaches, and have issues with energy, but after the first 2 weeks your body learns how to use its natural stores and you have more energy and feel more alert and happy. Just stick with it, it gets better and supplementing won't help.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• caffeine withdrawl actually causes headaches so I don't think you will notice a difference in that to start, honestly it will get way worse!

vitamin B-12 is a natural energy booster though.
    Anonymous

• Ive been off caffeine for over 2 years....you just have to get used to it, and get used to the fact that if you are tired and need a quick boost you're going to have to eat some protein and something with a little sugar in it...
    mikko2285

Answer by mikko2285 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I tried to stop drinking soda and had a headache so bad from it that I had to go to bed at 4pm and stayed in bed until 10am the next morning. I absolutely cannot function without some form of caffeine in me, I just have to lay down because the headache is almost as bad as the migraines I get.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I I do not get much sleep at night and so I have been using caffine
    ----------------------------------------
    Here is your problem. You are making it worse by doing this. I would recommend you stop looking for something to keep you awake and start getting some serious sleep on your own at night. You should be able to stay awake during the day on your own. I would question your sleep or sleep patterns, snoring and so forth. Using something to keep you awake during the day has so many side effects and ill effects on your health I could go on for days. Work on getting more quality sleep at night instead.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• See the thing is this... I have a child with Autism and he does not always sleep through the night. I am having other medical problems, like numbness in my face, lips, mouth and sometimes in my legs. I have been to the doctor and she said that the caffine that I am intaking really is not going to do much as I only have like one cup of coffee and sometimes I don't even finish that, but I will also drink a pop during the day if needed. But I really do not intake that much caffine. But I am lucky to get about 3 hours of sleep at night because one of my Son's are having a bad night.. I used to not drink coffee until I was not getting any sleep. My headaches are no worse now then when I was drinking something with caffine in it.. But I am going to wait it out to see what happens, and I am seeing an endocrinologist on the 19th of Feb. So, I will see what he says then too. :o)
    Neeters1

Answer by Neeters1 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010