What if I got a tattoo while pregnant?

I found out today i was pregnant. Not knowing this a few days ago I got a new tattoo. I am very scared this will negatively effect the baby. What happens when you make a decision like that not knowing that your pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nothing wrong with it, i had gotten 2 of them while pregnant. one on my lower vack at 7 weeks and one on my left shoulder blade at 18 weeks
    Anonymous

• The concern is over hepatitis C from the needles used. Shops use new needles each time, so if you got it from a shop I wouldn't be worried.
    Anonymous

• its fine....nothing will happen to you or the baby. Just remember you tend to be more sensitive to things when your preggo! :0)
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It's not advised at all and I'm appalled that the PP got not one but 2 knowing that she was pregnant.

I would talk to your doctor about what the implacations could be.
    Anonymous

• don't stress :) congrats BTW!

yes, it's not advised and tattoo shops generally wont do them if they know you're pregnant.

Everyone does things in those first few weeks before they know they are pregnant that they aren't supposed to!
    Anonymous

• I almost got a tattoo when I was about 14 weeks pregnant. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with it. Just to make sure I went somewhere clean and that I knew that they sterilized all the instruments. Good luck with your pregnancy.
    MommaRikard

Answer by MommaRikard at 8:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I got two as well while being pregnant in the same week was about 8 weeks at the time.. and as long as its a clean place I wouldnt worry
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 9:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I got one when I was pregnant not knowing I was pregnant... My doctor said not to worry and my son turned out just fine. =] Congrats!!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010