how do you teach a one year old not to hit? nothing seems to work???

Everytime someone is holding my son he starts slapping them in the face and telling him no doesnt work, popping his hand doesnt work, putting him in his crib doesnt work nothing works!!!! HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my kid did that I grabbed his hand and rubbed his face and said gentle, then rubbed my face and said gentle. After a couple of time he got the picture.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• hit him back
    Anonymous

• its a phase, he is a one year old. you can only be consistant in telling him no
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• whoever said hit him back is pathetic. why the hell would you hit a 1 yr old back when in reality they probably dont even know what they are doing?! I feel so sorry for your children.
    For the poster....its just a phase. like armywife said....just keep rubbing his hand on ur face and rub his face.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• why would you hit a baby back? hitting the baby will only show the baby that hitting is the right way to do things, which is what you don't want...my question to you is how is your household when it comes to anger and aggression? a lot of the time small children need to see an example of NON violence in order to learn that is something that is not accepted in society
    Anonymous

• ok WHY would you hit a 1 yr old baby??? tell him in a firm voice no hitting & take his hand & tell him nice, nice .. after doing this several times he'll get it.. be consistent
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2010