Do you really believe only a male god created the earth and all life?

Why not embrace the goddess?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont believe a god did anything
    Anonymous

• because God would've said me and the goddess and there was no mention in the bible of any goddess.
    Anonymous

• God is neither male or female, God just IS.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I dont get that either. There is more than one God, even the bible mentions that.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i believe in one God, not male or female as God isnt bound by our rules of perception.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Just because she isnt mentioned in the Bible doesnt make her non-existent. Afterall, MEN(who lived in a time of men ruled the world)decided what would be in the Bible. For all anyone knows the Goddess was "erased".

For the record, makes total sense to me that both male and female had something to do with creation.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• ^^Yes. Truealaskanmom,

And to add to that, because men wrote the Bible, a masculine pronoun got attributed to "him" and so there it is. As Creator and Lifegiver, God has many feminine characteristics, but you will get kicked out of many mainline Christian churches if you say that.
    AissasMom

Answer by AissasMom at 8:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• no ......
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I don't believe in either a God or Goddess.. but if I were to, I'd say that if there is only one higher power, that it is unisex. And if there were more than one, they'd be male and female genders.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I beleive in God, we put gender ideas into that.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010