TMI!!! I just passed a huge clot. What should I do?

It was about the size of a baseball. I just started my period yesterday after it being two weeks late. The day I ended up starting, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I took a couple of them before then too, and they were all negative, so I don't think it was a miscarriage.

My period this time has been REALLY heavy, filling a pad every 30-60 minutes. I have endometriosis and PCOS, but I've never had a clot this big before. Do I call the dr even if it's after hours? Do I call tomorrow? Do I not do anything? Please help!!!

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Health

• A baseball! Oh my word. I would definitely see a doc as soon as possible. Emergency rooms can be scary- its a judgement call if you want to go tonight or first thing in the morning. I would definitely at least call tonight and see if the doc wants you to go in to the E-room.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• If you feel its something thats not normal you should call the doctor just to be safe
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• if its that heavy, please go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• Usually my clots are about the size of a golf ball, and my periods are heavy and very painful, but not this heavy. I'll give her a call tonight and see what she or her on call dr says to do.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Her first thought was that I should go to the ER, but she said I can wait and see if I want. She said to take some iron pills, which I do not have, and use some progesterone cream. I have to wait for my husband to come home for the iron pills though. He'll be here in about two hours. She said that if my bleeding doesn't slow down by then, or if I pass another clot, even if it's smaller, then I need to go to the ER.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i went to the ER sunday just cus my cramps resembled a miscarry, i got a pain relief shot, and i wasnt bleeding too bad but the way i was bleeding scared me. it was like Kyro syrup coming out (the blood) it was so thick and almost a black colour i just decided to go. my preg tests were negative too.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2010