What is your favorite state?

And why?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maine.
    I was born, raised, and lived there until my husband got us deployed down to VA about 7 years ago.
    Maine has a natural beauty that is awe-inspiring and cannot be compared to anywhere else in the world. Most of the state is unpopulated with the majority of it being covered with protected natural lands and wildlife. There are mountains, woods, lakes, one whole side of the state meets the Atlantic ocean, and there is even a desert! There are American Indian reservations, Canada at the northern border, NH at the west and south, with more of lovely New England further south.
    There is ALWAYS something to do there from visiting the city for a night out, to visiting museums and antique stores, to lots of outdoor activities year-round.
    The summers are mild, autumns are gorgeous, winters are awesome, and spring is a welcome relief to a long winter.
    I love it there and miss it very much.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I live in the state of confusion ;) LOL

seriously though I am loving it here in FL! I absolutely love that it is not cold!
    Anonymous

• hawaii bc its warm
    Anonymous

• I'm gonna have to go with California, even though that's such a typical answer, lol. However, ONLY northern California. My husband is from the San Francisco area. We frequently visit there, and the Redwoods up north from there(Willits Humboldt, Fort bragg). There are so many small towns with sooo much character and charm that a lot of people don't even know about. the stereotypical California I don't like, but the one I'm talking about, I love it. Luckily, we visit about twice a year. I also really like Oregon, Maine, and North Carolina...all vacation spots we frequent.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• hawaii bc its warm "

Then you should switch your favorite to Arizona. I lives there for 8 years, and let me tell you...it's warm there too, lol. It was 117 the day we moved. Smart choice on our part, lol!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I like the state I live in Washington. We have mountains, oceans, islands and lots of recreational things to do as well.  I like it that we have all four seasons.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i love new york. i was born and raised here. its like two different worlds. You have the urban world, sky scrapers and a city that never sleeps, then you have the northern part suburban with farms and cows and wild turkeys and moose, coyotes and tons of mountains. Its awesome.
    Anonymous

• I want to see the East Coast area. We have been to many other parts of the US but have not been to the Eastern side as of yet.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• NC - we have the mountains, the beach, a rich history dating back to the first colony attempted in the New World and the first child of European parents born here, Virginia Dare born on Roanoke Island as a member of the famous Lost Colony. We have amazing health facilities, Duke, Wake Med, UNC Hospital, ECU and Pitt Memorial, we have great colleges, and the Research Triangle with SAS and IBM. If I didn't already live here, I would move.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I was raised in SoCal, so my favorite state is Colorado. It's in the middle. It smells clean. It's beautiful. I now live in OK, but I love it here too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010