ever fire a babysitter?? i had to today...

so i have a 17 yr old babysitting my dd age 4 months she is a good young women and she lives up the street i know when i see her with the kids they love her anyways i come home early and theres my dd on the changeing table ( 4 feet high ) and babysitter on the phone talken to her friend sitting on the couch which is about 15 feet away..my dd was in a 1/2 roll ( on her side ) and i did tell 17 yr old she was trying to roll now and to just keep an eye on her ( thinking if she had baby on the couch ) so i come home see this and freak out..what the hell is wrong with u? she couldve fallen. and get out.and i will not be calling her again...i was so angry and upset. my dh thinks i was just overeacting..what do u think? and have u ever fired a babysitter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• totally NOT overreacting! the girl isnt ready to babysit young babies! mine would have been fired too!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I've never hired a babysitter. Only my mother and my husband have watched my daughter. I just don't trust ppl. I know I might sound paranoid but I know my baby is always in the best hands. So paranoid it is!
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing thank God you got home in time.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 9:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah, she didn't have a mom's sense of caution. I would be mad, but only my dh and mother have ever watched my daughter, and that only started recently. We were pretty literally attached at that age. Cause, like another poster said, I'm not all that trusting.

I doubt your dh would say you were over-reacting if she had fallen.
    Definitely don't call that sitter again.
    Maybe she is okay for older kids, but not babies? idk, I wouldn't recommend her to friends either. She was putting her phone call above your childs needs.

Lucky you came in when you did!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• the only people i have ever left my dd with (now 2) are m mom, my mil, and my dh's grandma. noone else because i dont trust ver well. so no you were NOT overreaccting.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 10:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think you did overreact. No, that wasn't cool, but I don't think your reaction fit the situation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have fired several sitters when I was a single parent, The worst time is when I came home and found the sitter in my bed with her boyfriend, and my 7 year old sitting at the end of the bed watching TV. yes I probaly over reacted that time, but my child did mot need to be exposed to that.
    M3momma

Answer by M3momma at 11:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2010