My mom has a problem lol how do you get your son to lose wieght ?(my brother)

belen87

Asked by belen87 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• err what huh? how old is your brother?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• elaborate
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• he is 20
    belen87

Answer by belen87 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i would say Mom, he is 20. give him the information on what his weight is DOING TO HIM, and let him make a choice himself he is a grownup
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• She can't. He's an adult and won't lose the weight until HE decides to lose it. End of story.
    Anonymous

• you can suggest ways to maybe make it easier- like aqua arobics, or bearable ways to eat better.
    I personally like richard simmons- he's fun!
    Anonymous

• Nothing. He knows that he is overweight, and there is nothing HELPFUL that she could do unless he ASKS for help. The only exception would be if he was morbidly obese and his life was in danger.

When he decides to loose weight, he will. If he expresses a desire to lose weight, then by all means help him with a meal plan and an exercise schedule. To say ANYTHING if his life isn't in danger is her sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2010

• Why should she have to get him to lose weight? If he lives at home and she feels compelled to help him get healthy then she could quit buying junk food and replace it with healthy food. Other than that, it's up to him to lose weight. She could suggest they go walking together or work out. When I want to get my adult children to do things I ask them to help me, such as go walking with me to make sure I do it or show me how to do these exercises correctly (see I don't need to buy some WII system to show me. I get them to do it). It's a form of manipulation but it works for good not for evil! Once I get them showing me the exercises then I challenge them to see how many they can do. Guys are competitive. They love that and when I make it sound like I can beat them they fall for it and keep going. LOL Men can be so much like sheep!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2010