blacking out during pregnancy

When this happens to me I feel like I'm going to die..
I woke up around 4 in the morning(only was asleep for 2 hrs). I was sweaty and had this sudden urge to throw up.. When I got up I completly blacked out(I didn't get up too fast, it was actually veryslow) I fell down on the floor, managed to make it to the garbage can, walked away, then blacked out again & fell down. This happend about 4 times before I made it to the bedroom where my boyfriend was,I ploppedo n the bed where he was, and the feeling faded, but he drove me to the ER. They said I was dehydrated there; but don't know how I could have been I had a glass of milk before I went to bed. Could it be something else like low blood sugar? Maybe a heart condition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• low blood pressure! (which can be caused by dehydration)
    even though milk is a liquid, it's not that great for hydrating your body.
    drink more water! my doctor gave me a huge like 32 oz cup (similar to a travel coffee mug) that she told me to drink 3 of a day.
    Anonymous

• Get a second opinion during regular office hours. ERs docs are over-worked and stressed and likely to give false diagnosis.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Oh, and I second the drink water thing.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• drink water like crazy & get your iron levels checked, you might be anemic! Low blood pressure can cause this too, are you eating enough? How far along are you?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• call your doc and see what they say..also i agree more water try every 2 hours to drink a glass of water..hope u feel better xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I am 23 weeks..

Will do.. I will drink more water!! ha ha.. I have an appointment this coming Friday, so I will talk to my doctor then.
    Anonymous

• I had this problem cuz I puked thru my whole pregnancy, sometimes my blood sugar would get really low & other times it was cuz my iron levels were really low. I drank like more than 80 oz of water a day, I was soooo thirsty. Might wanna try pedialyte or ensure if these are your issues. Good luck mamma & congrats!!!!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Milk isn't considered a very good for hydration. I would definitely talk to your OB or midwife about it.
    Anonymous

• this happened to me.. over 3 weeks I passed out almost 4 times and maybe 5 to 10 times I would feel like i was gonna throw up, eating right and drinking water and resting when needed has a lot to do with it..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 10:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• You need to go get a second opinion. That's not healthy at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010