Would you fib about your address to get your child into a good school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• considering they require a proof of address such as a bill in your name, you can't.
    Anonymous

• no bc i dont want any mail they send going to any other address, besides, you can get into some serious shit.
    Anonymous

• agree with 9:25 anon
    Anonymous

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• my SKs use our address for school because their mom moves so much and doesn't live in the district. their BM has moved 4 times in less than 3 years time. SD is in the 3rd grade. If she makes it through this year without BM pulling her out and switching them, this will be the first year she has had in one school. BM switched her kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd. SO always tries to fight her. If he can do anything about it, he will keep the kids where they are. It is a good fit for them.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• my mom always did for me bc the school district we lived in sucked, she just used my dad or my aunts address who live in a better one & drove me to school. its not a big deal. i would do it if i needed too.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well, we did when I had to go to an alternative school that was in the next town over. The school principal did know about it though. When I was in elementary school my parents switched me school districts through the school board. It was quite easy from what I understand.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• definitely not
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No, because they're going to need your exact address to send information and contact you for any papers you might have to sign. If the school doesn't accept you for where you live then you shouldn't want your child there. That's fraud as well, to fake your address.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No, I don't see why you would have to lie. All you have to do is go the board of education and tell them what school you want your child to attend and the reasons behind your decision.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2010