Looking for a company to sell my timeshare

I have a deed to a timeshare I cannot afford anymore. The resort will not help me sell it. Has anyone ever used one of those 3rd party companies to sell a timeshare? What was your experience with it? Any info would be helpful.

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• Any company that you have to pay an upfront fee to is a scam! Having said that MOST timeshare resellers are scams. I have never sold a timeshare, but I have bought timeshares from people who were desperate to sell through a resaler. The next thing I'm going to tell you will make you sad. You will not get anywhere close to what you paid for your timeshare (unless it's Disney). You will get pennies on the dollar for it. This is the reason why we bought resale as opposed to from the developer. The man that we use has a website, google Timeshare Kahuna. You can ask him all the questions you want, he won't pressure you into anything and he will give you the best advice he can, His name is Jim. He doesn't get paid until your timeshare sells. Another option is to let him rent out your timeshare, at least you will get some income back to make your mortgage payments. Good luck, im me if you need more info.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I had looked into selling mine. I found a lot of companies in Florida that claimed to get me more than I owed. MOST of them are scams. I know your timeshare isn't willing to help you right now, but if you skip a few payments they will. Let them know you can't afford it, and see what they will do for you in the future.
    Anonymous