Do you think I deserved this?

I know that I am going to get bashed from someone for this, but oh well. So my friend, who used to be in a lovely marriage until they got hooked on cocaine and became total lowlifes, has now left her husband. She is with this new guy who doesn't work, because he owes child support and they don't want his money going toward it and worried he would go to jail for rears, sits on his ass all day. She has been on foodstamps for over 2 years and calls me to tell me that they just bought a new washer and dryer. I think to myself, Great! I know how much I love my washer and dryer. Then she proceeds to tell me that they spent another $400 on a 4 wheeler. Mind you, they already have 2 that they bought at Christmas and all their kids have powerwheels. This was with her income tax refund. All I said to her was "Wow, $400, you could have used that to buy groceries for a few months. She hung up on me. Then she called me back CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow....just wow.....i cant believe all of these anons defending the dead beat and making the OP feel like shit.. she came here to vent and get support, not to be told she is a bitch and to get over it...im sorry OP she should not have reacted that way and if i were you i would just cut all ties with her, you dont need her causing drama in your life! good luck
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• REPORT THEM
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• but I didn't answer, because I didn't feel like hearing her crap. She says that I'm worthless and I wouldn't be shit without my husband. I have taken care of myself since 17 years old and I didn't meet my husband until I was 26..hmmm, I wouldn't be shit? I have had my own place since 20 years old. I only stopped working after I got pregnant, because I am high risk and the dr suggested that I stay home and at one point, I was on bedrest. Anyway, since my child was born, I have stayed home. Why work just to pay for daycare? I love being home with my kid. Anyway, she called me lazy and I said I sit on my ass all day, which is really funny, because the times that she has been here she always comments on how CLEAN and orderly my house is. But you know, it cleans itself while I sit on my ass. She has been on welfare for going on 3 years now, while her boyfriend does nothing. Yeah, I may not work, but we don't get welfare.
    Anonymous

• I hate when people abuse the system. That wasn't very nice of her to call you those things.
    Anonymous

• thats a bad position to be in but im with the other person report them so warefare can be used for someone u cant find a job they will find him sooner or later anyways
    Anonymous

• this is not a friend. please stop associating with her till she gets her act together. while she is abusing the system and using drugs, she is not a friend,.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have a friend that has been on welfare ever since her first was born..three years ago. She can't afford the one she has and what does she do? She made two more. She's 21 and has three kids. She bough a Wii for Christmas while she says her kids are starving. It happens. I wouldn't talk to her anymore.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Oh, she left this all on my voicemail. I don't care if someone uses the help to better themselves, but she considers WIC, foodstamps, and Medicaid as part of her income and has no intention of stopping it. Oh, and she has her 2 sons, which she doesn't have custody of and are only at her house 2 weekends a month, listed as living with her........all while she never mentions that her boyfriend lives there. She is committing welfare fraud BIG TIME! And all I said was that "Wow, you could have used that to buy groceries." She said "Groceries?" Like it was funny. Why spend mine, when I can spend yours? I can't believe how low she sank and talked so much smack about me after I said that. I think she definitely has a guilty conscience.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like she does to me too its very sad that she is abusing the system
    Anonymous

• Stop spending your time judging others. You don't know the whole story. If you feel she is abusing the system, then report her. Other than that, stop wasting time writing about her situation on cafemom. It's rude and disrespectful.

It also sounds like you have a problem with people on welfare.
    Anonymous