Is it possible to leave a cookie on the computer without ever having visited that site?

like porn. Can you have a cookie on your computer without visiting that site?

tafania

Asked by tafania at 11:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• NO
    Anonymous

• i think so my mom had all these porn sites in her computer (in the cookies) and i know she never visted them
    Anonymous

• I'm guessing that your husband tried to tell you that he didn't visit a porn site, that the cookie just magically appeared on your computer?
    Anonymous

• I'm thinking no... but I don't have THAT much knowledge on computers. I do know that the temporary images in your computer you can only get from visiting sites. I don't remember how to get to it, but I remember running into mine one time and saw some of the most random pictures from websites I've been on.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 11:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• If you go to a site that has porn pop-ups..the pop up can leave cookies. We found that out with my then 16 yr old boob addicted son..LOL. Get a good pop-up blocker and then the only cookies will be from sites you have gone to.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010