how old for Infants Tylenol?

my daughter has a temp and gas pains.... how old do they have to be to take Infants tylenol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is she?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• A temp may be treated w? tylenol bus gas pains usually respond better to a warm compress or. mylecon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• she is 2 1/2 months old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• A fever is a good thing. It's the body's way of saying something is wrong and that it's trying to fix it. By giving her meds, your covering it up and might not see other symptoms she might have. I wouldn't give her anything regardless of her age.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• If you are concerned, you should call the afterhour line for your pediatrician's office. Tylenol Infant Drops does not display the dosage amounts for children under two years of age on the bottle. While your doctor might (or might not) want you to give your baby Tylenol for the fever, you will need to call the office to find out the appropriate dosage.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• She's old enough, but you need to get the correct dose from her doctor. It's weight based.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• what is her temperature? i would consider waiting a little while first, but absolutely talk to your dr. first. for gas pains you could bicycle her legs. i have never given my children tylenol or motrin. i think it does more harm than good. if you are breastfeeding, then put her to the breast whenever she is awake.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Newborns can have Tylenol.... HOWEVER.... if her temp is more than 99.5 under her arm or 100.5 rectally she needs to be seen by a doctor. A temp in a baby under 3 months old is a reason to be concerned.... I would not give any medications at all until you are seen by her pediatrician.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:55 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Take her to the ER and the doctor will tell you what to do. I dont take my kids unless its 100 or higher. For ne thing lower I give them tylenol. I've given my kids tylenol since birth at the lowest amount on the dropper. The doctor advised me to do so. But you might want to take her just incase something else is wrong. If she is under a year old or so it could be just teething, but it is always good to double check just to be safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2010