Whats wrong with me

what is wrong with me?? I feel run down, anxious and so tired all the time, I dont get why I feel like this..I feel like my chest is almost suffocating..its hard to describe..but I dont like feel this way anymore.

ive been on Paxil 10mg for a full month now and I have stopped having anxiety/panic attacks for the most part..but now im starting to just feel like shit

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• i feel like I have read this before?
    depression/anxiety. you should have your med level checked and adjusted
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I agree with Sati.. The paxil dosage needs to be adjusted more than likely. It can take some time before you get to exactly the right dose. Definately give your dr a call.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 12:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You need to exercise, it will make that feeling in your chest go away I promise...I had the same thing, started walking just a 1/2 ,ile a day then a mile and so on until now I do 5 miles a day...that feeling of pressure on my chest is long gone...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You may need another adjustment in medication. Whenever you feel like you're still depressed, than your antidepressant isn't doing what it is supposed to. You're not alone, Mama. It's a chemical hiccup in the brain. Talk to your doctor about possibly adding the natural anti-depressant that you can get OTC, called St. John's Wart. It's a plant. But never take any herbal supplements without your doctor's approval, as it could interfere with other meds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Having dealt with your problems and having taken several different drugs for the symptoms, I found that the best that do is control some of the symptoms for brief periods of time. I also found that every one of them caused other bodily symptoms that were just as troubling as the original ones. I can't speak personally to Paxil because that is a newer one that I never was taking. My anxiety and depression was not chemical. It was directly related to unresolved personal issues in my life that went back many, many years. I saw numerous doctors, therapists, psychologists, all of whom wanted to either give me something for my symptoms or teach me what they called "coping skills." What I wanted was to be free from the torment and to have back my joy of living. I eventually found it through a Christian counselor who understood the effects of emotional trauma on our very innermost beings. Today I am free and so very thankful.
    Anonymous

• your meds might need adjusting, but also find things that make you happy- little hobbies here and there. for me, i'm learning how to crochet and when i get good at it, i plan on making blankets and little hats for the kids at children's hospital for Christmas- it makes me happy and even tho crocheting is kicking my ass right now, eventually- hopefully, i'll be able to relax while doing it (i hear a lot of moms relax doing it. lol)

go outside, explore the out doors- take a walk, get some exercise in, etc. getting out and about helps with my depression at least. i have anxiety- havent started taking meds for it- but going out helps with it too (i have SAD)
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 8:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2010