im due so how can i help the kiddo come out?

my due date is really the 10th BUT i just wanna make sure she comes out on time or at least does not stay in past due. my MIl is leaveing on the 12 to mexico to see family and she want to show the new baby off to all the family. i HOPE the baby will make it on time. but anyways what are some ways to help.
oh ive talked to the docs im 50% and 2 cm. and the baby is very very low. soooo ladys any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• heres what did it for me.... Queso dip (made very easily by melting velveeta cheese and salsa in the microwave), general tso's chicken, and mall-walking. Even if it doesnt work for you, at least it tastes good! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• hahaha ill keep that in mind
    Anonymous

• Sex. Prostoglandins in sperm help efface your cervix and cause contractions. But, only if it comfortable for you. A big dose of patience might be good?!? Due dates are vague estimates. Only your body and baby can decide. Your baby won't be overdue unless you go passed 42 weeks.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You want to make sure she doesn't come past your due date or overdue ( after 42 weeks ) ?
    If you meant the EDD, keep in mind, that one day is simply a mid-point in the average due period (38-42 weeks), it is very likely she would come after... maybe before ...or on the day...
    There is a reason our babies are inside still. They are not ready yet. Being within the due period is still an estimation, of course! ;-)

You can not force the fruit to ripen on the vine.
    This is the very same thing.
    Babies know when to come.

Best wishes!! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Don't they have email where she is going? You can email pictures to her. OR, she CAN WAIT for the baby to come, then leave to Mexico. What is MORE important than a baby due?LOL! Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I was told by my doc that sex sometimes works. Spot on advise, it worked for me each 3 times lol :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• baby doesn't have a calendar in there, so s/he doesn't know when the due date is. s/he will come when s/he is good and ready. and like doulala said- 40 wks is just a MIDPOINT in the full term range of 38-42wks. there's no need to rush. you all can send pics down to the fam to show him/her off.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• "What got you into this will get you out of this" LOLLLL or so i've heard......never worked for me and I've had seven children... I've heard nipple stimulation works, but you have to be careful. I read it in one of the last couple chapters of that "what to expect when your expecting" book. Squatting. Bumpy rides(have railroad tracks nearby???) My aunt took me with my first son over the tracks a few times and then we walked most of the day. Needless to say my son took his sweet time getting here anyway. I know I sound like a party pooper here, LOL, but what didn't work for me might work for you. Just be careful if you try any of the "old wives tales" or "scientific methods" don't want to rush the baby if it's not done "baking" in there. Good luck!!!
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2010