What should I do?

I have problems with inflammation of the liver. Well it has flared up again and is hurting really badly. I do not have insurance and cant really afford a hospital bill. Should I go or just tough it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• unless you know specifically what is causing it, I would go. I have a history of fluctuating liver enzymes and sometimes pain or tenderness and have been tested for MULTIPLE things that can cause flare ups some of which can be dangerous. Have you been tested for all the Hepatis? There's I know Hep A,B, and C. I've been tested for all three and the only one that came back even mildly on the positive side was the autoimmune hepatitis but they said that was still in the normal range just on the higher side so didn't mean i had the disease or if so its really early enough to treat. I was also tested for Wilsons, Crohns, and 7 or 8 other things that can affect liver and gallbladder all of which came back normal so we still aren't sure what causes mine but they have ruled out most of the serious stuff. Had a ultrasound that showed no inflammation, no scarring, no masses, no fatty tissue disease. I would keep on top of it though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• why does it get inflamed? why dont you have insurance? if your pain gets too bad you should go to the hospital and darn the bill.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• They think it might be hep. I choose not to use PA so I have no insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yeah there is like 25 dif types of hep. I do get food stamps and medicaid for my DD, but I chose not to get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Do you by chance live in a rural area?
    I ask because rural area medical clinics have a federal program specifically for people w/out insurance. I live in a rural area and my local clinic charges us $20 to see a DR or Dentist....this is for those super small towns that are always miles and miles apart.
    All you do is call the clinic and ask if they have a sliding fee scale program.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry but if you knew you had health issues the choice to NOT get medicaid when you really needed it is kind of stupid. If you don't know what's causing your liver inflammation you need to go get it checked out because there are a million different things that could cause it and if you don't know what it is or if you don't have any sort of medicine to help control it you could die. And if you still decide to tough it out just make sure to go to the hospital if you start getting jaundiced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I didnt know I had them when I chose not to get it. And I am sorry but I left it for someone who TRUELY needs it. It just sucks cause its my birthday, I dnt wanna spend it in the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2010