What are your thoughts concerning this current acknowledgement from Tylenol?

The Truth About Tylenol and Autism...

http://www.efitnessnow.com/news/2010/02/08/the-truth-about-tylenol-and-autism/ (link in 1st comment section...)

"While Tylenol and the MMR vaccination have shown to increase the risk of autism, they are not the only questionable contributors."

agentwanda

Asked by agentwanda at 12:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• even if you believe disorders, ailments and all health issues in general are genetic, you must understand that most genetic "features" need to be "turned on" by external environmental factors. we all must understand that the human body is not fully understood by dr's or researchers. we must understand that for every action there is an equal and opposing reaction. we can not load our bodies with drugs and chemicals and believe that the only outcome will be what we want. what do you think tylenol is really doing in your body? if you have a fever, do you think the tylenol just goes to the fever cause and take care of it? if you take a tylenol for a headache do you think it just goes to the headache and stops it? tylenol stops your body from functioning the way it is supposed to. same thing with vaccines and other drugs. i believe that the immune system is not yet fully understood either. sometimes we give the science comm'y too
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think they are full of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i think it is about time some admissions started coming out from these companies.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Makes me wonder since I gave my first son tylenol religiously after each round of shots and he eventually was diagnosed with Autism.

Now I know better. Baby #3 is mostly non vaxed and also we don't give tylenol anymore at vaccines. With that said I don't give tylenol either at the drop of a hat. I have learned that their bodies have a capable immune system and by giving tylenol at the first sign of a low fever etc..is just inhibiting that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My daughter showed signs way before her MMR shot and I did not give Tylenol until she was 2 years old. My daughter started acting "strange" around four or five months old. I think its genetics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Idk I have five children all vaxed and all but my two youngest were given Tylenol.The three who were given Tylenol have no health issues
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I heard that the big European study that linked Vaccs and Autism was incorrect anyway. Of course now that the idea is out there no one is going to believe it isn't true. All 3 of my kids are vacc'ed and have taken plenty of Tylenol through out the years and they are totally normal just a millions of others are. Seems to me even IF it all was true I think each person affected must have some gene or marker or something that would allow the brain changes. If not, it's all random and all the fuss is for naught. I guess it gives those who have been affected something to blame and that makes them feel better. It's never easy knowing your child is ill but you will never know what is really wrong.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It's stupid! There are MILLIONS of people throughout the years that have been given Tylenol as babies/kids and not all of them have autism! I think people are just LOOKING for someone to blame!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• . It's never easy knowing your child is ill but you will never know what is really wrong.

So agree
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2010