When did we all get to be so mean and bitter and judgemental?

I am reading so many posts on here tonight and just shocked at so many of the responses! When did we all become so angry, so bitter, so flippin judgemental. I sure as heck am not perfect either and am ashamed of somethings I have said against a fellow CM member. We are all Mommies on here, what on earth are we teaching our children? That your way is the only way and if someone doesn't agree be rude and nasty to them! That when someone falls down be sure to kick them dont help them up, if someone needs advice be sure to be as cruel as possible so they lose all hope? We are all Mommies we should be leaning on one another not beating on one another! ?Sorry for the rant it just makes me sad!

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• dang! what happened ?,did i miss something while i went to go pee
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I agree.....
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have just been surfing through some questions and some of the answers have been so rude or ignorant or just mean! Its nuts!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• OK well sometimes people read in inflection and tone to a post that the author didnt intend. I see that a LOT online and have been guilty myself.

I cannot speak for everyone . I say it like I see it and if someone ask a question, they are not always gonna get the suger and cupcakes answer from me.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It is almost impossible to pick up tone from a sentence, and people are very quick to take offense to things.

WOOSAH!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Eh I am definitely not sugar and cupcakes. And I think you are probably right about reading into a tone and inflection since we cannot actually hear the person speaking. But there are definitely just some mean things going on around here. I see constant battles over stupid shit and think to myself, what the heck are we teachin our kids? We talk to each other like this how are our kids gonna talk to their friends?
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Isnt that judging too though? I think there are several folks here in Answers who bicker with eachother for fun. it doesnt go too far too often.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Hey Sweetpea, admitidly I have only been on here for a short time, but I too have seen some realy nasty stuff going on.

The amount of name calling that goes on sometimes is just realy uncalled for. If ppl dont agree then its fine, everyone has an opnion, but good grief, be constructive, we teach our kids to use their words, some adults should take that advise.

Im am however aware that from what I have seen so far, there is only a small minority of this going on, I have seen some realy positive uplifting and inspiring stuff on here as well!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Its not even just in this section though it is all over CM. I don't know I suppose you could call it judging, all I am sayin is that it seems like people don't consider others feelings very often and every once in a while you get that real winner who is just mean!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• As far as groups on cafemom, i steer clear of the drama ones. period. its not worth my time. i dont mind a little fix now and again but some of those groups are insanely drama
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010