I had my first baby about 2 months ago, and I have been taking the pill [for birth control]. I am a VERY forgetful person, so I was wondering if anyone has the IUD..? If so, what are your thoughts and/or your opinion on them?

Robin_Ayla

Asked by Robin_Ayla at 4:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Health

• ive heard good and bad things...but it could impair your fertility in the future...
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 5:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Have you thought of getting the Depo-Lupron shot? You get a shot once every 3 months. That's what I do (and have done for years), it's very easy & after a couple shots, NO PERIODS!!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 6:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• DO NOT GET THE DEPO shot, it is horrible for your body, and if you want kids in the future it's not a good choice. It can take 1-2 yrs to get pregnant once you get off the shot. It also messes with your natural hormones, and could off balance them for a long time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My sister had an I.U.D., she got a tubal pregnancy from it. It almost killed her. I'm leary about them now. I'd ask your doctor about the shot. I'm not sure how long it's supposed to last but it would be better than forgetting the pill and getting pregnant again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• THE BEST THING I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TAKE A SHORT EVERY THREE MONTHS AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE A PILL EVERY DAY.WITH A IUD OR IUS YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR EVERY YEAR TO GET IT CHECK OUT SO THEY SEE THT YOU IS NOT HAVING NO PROBLEMS WITH THE BIRTH CONTROL.I HAVE THE IUD FOR ABOUT 1 YR NOW AND I HAVE NOT HAD NO PROBLEMS AND I AM HAPPY BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SHORTS AND PILLS.MY DOCTOR TOLD ME IF I WANTED MORE KIDS IN THE FUTURE THEN I WILL PREGNANT IN THE NEXT MONTH OR SO.O YA THEY HAVE SOME IUDS THAT IS FOR 5 YRS AND 10 YRS.THE 5 YR GOT MEDICINE AND THE 10 DON'T HAVE MEDICINE.GO WWW.BIRTH CONTROL.COM OR WWW.IUD.COM AND THEY WILL EDUCATE YOU ON BIRTH CONTROL AND YOU CAN SEE WHICH BIRTH CONTROL WILL SUITE YOU BYE HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU NEED
    godsaves

Answer by godsaves at 9:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Do not use it. I had to have mine surgically removed from my right ovary, no lie I have the scars to prove it. Given they said it was rare but not something I want to try again.
    crystal.evans42

Answer by crystal.evans42 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I had a horrible and miserable experience with an IUD. What they don't tell you is that bleeding for several months is normal. Then spotting for almost a year is normal. They don't tell you that heavy cramping is normal. There were so many things I heard after I got it in and I asked a lot of questions beforehand. If you have trouble remembering your pill set an alarm, put it by the sink or by something you do everyday, have your husband set an alarm and call you when it's time, put it by your toothbrush, use a condom if you think you might've forgotten. Take it during a favorite t.v. show you watch everyday.
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 10:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• i have an IUD in right now and the first week is like labor but i think is worth it its the Mariana and is for five years plus lighter periods and-no cramps but everyone's different my sis in law hasent had a period in five months and she has the same thing i do its like t shaped and the top of the t is inside your uterus and the i of the t stays in Ur cervix and at the end of the t there is a string you pull on after five years and yes it could take a year to git pregnant same with the depo shot but i think there is a repercussion for every birth control
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I have used the deppo and many types of birth control pills. I had a Merina IUD for 2 years and had no complaints. During the insertion I had some mild cramping and that went on for 2 days. I didnt have a period for 2 years. We had my IUD removed March 13, 06 to try for another baby. I didnt even feel it being removed and had no spotting or cramping afterwards. I was told that it would take 2-4 months for my periods to return before we could try to get pregnant. Well...needless to say my period still didnt return but we were very excited when we found out May 3rd we are pregnant and we are due in Jan.
    hollster

Answer by hollster at 3:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It depends on your body some people can have tubal pregnancy from the IUD but many people don't have complications and you never have to remember they work great, there is 2 diffrent kinds that I am aware of a 10 yr one and a 5 year one anyway the 5 year one has hormones [Which I'd rather not have in my own body] so if you want to go hormone free use the paraguard not the mirana.[not sure of spelling]
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 5:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2008