Question about daycare assistance.

It says on the application that I have to be receiving child support or show proof in six months that I'm getting it or have an open case. I will NOT under any circumstances go to my ex for money. He will not see my child and I would rather have us live in my car than as that disgusting slim ball for a dime. He was abusive and said that he was going to have someone kick my ass when I was pregnant so I wouldn't be pregnant anymore-that was my last straw. So what do I do on the app? I was told to just put unknown where is says "absent parent" but is that going to be the end of it? Am I going to have to start "looking" for the dad even though I know who he is. If I had a choice I wouldn't be getting on it-but I need it in order to stay in school and continue working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• child support has nothing to do with visitation. you can get child support WITHOUT visitation.You could say you dont know who the father is, drunken night. no clue.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I still wouldn't ask him for a dime. I won't have him come back in my face and say "oh hey I'm supporting your ass." Besides, last I heard he didn't have a job. He still lives at home with mommy and she pays for everything-including his drug habit. -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would put unknown. They wont make u look for him. I know ppl that r in similar situations and have done the same.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 2:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010