Any younger ladies have advice for having sex for the first time?

So it's been a long time since my first time. : ) But, my step-daughter just got married and waited to have sex until her wedding night and they're having problems getting it started. I have no idea what to tell the poor girl. She's shy and will only talk to me believe it or not. I feel like I'm not helpful because I can give her sex advice as far as regular sex but when it comes getting past the beginning stages I have no idea. They've been married for 3 months and haven't gotten too far...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• They've been married for three months and haven't had sex? My advice is to just do it. Eventually, it won't be awkward anymore.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• First of all, congrats to her for waiting, that is great! :)
    Second, it will happen when they are ready for it to happen. I am sure she is nervous but tell her to enjoy the moment and it will happen.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• it's okay to turn off the lights and do it under the covers if she's nervous. Don't plan it. let it just happen. ONLY think about him. she should try to avoid thinking of herself because it will only make her self conscious. through all of this she also needs to be very clear if she likes what he is doing. If she is EVER uncomfortable she needs to say so and he needs to stop.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• She has to want to do it first. Iots of foreplay so she can get in the mood. Since she's shy maybe she can  turn off all the lights or make her wear a blindfold so she doesn't see anything. . Lubricant helps too.I hope they make it through this.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 2:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Tell her to be confident in herself. There is no right or wrong way to have sex just takes a bit to find outhat eachother likes and it is okay to talk about it with her husband after and during. May take sometime to feel comfortable but if she just goes with the flow and not over think it she will be fine.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Wow, this is why I'm glad I didn't wait...although my parents would've said different..;) good luck to her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Alcohol....lol...no seriously, maybe they should have a bottle of champagne and get their groove on..lol
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 2:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Maybe they just need to stop trying so hard. Seriously. Tell her that they should just cuddle on the couch, or try one of those sex games with the cards that tell you to kiss, touch a part of the body, (they can make their own cards, cause from the sounds of it, they are both a little shy here and i don't think they'd like to pull a card that says "now perform oral sex on your partner"). "making out" remember that???LOL They could just make out on the couch and take it from there.

Or maybe they can put on some music, light some candles, and lie in bed....naked. no blankets. Kiss and stop THINKING about it being awkward. It's a beautiful gift that a couple gives to each other to show their love and if she thinks of it as a gift and not as some obligatory married ritual, she might relax a little more.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 3:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• KY Jelly. Have they tried that? My husband and I waited until we were married to have sex. We didn't know that lubrication would help and I was on birth control pills that were making me quite dry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. They should also try oral first-to prime her up. The first time is always painful...as long as he takes his time, and is gentle, it probably won't be so bad.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2010