Diaper rash and teething question...

During teething I noticed that there was also horrible diaper rash. Does this usually go hand in hand or am I the only one thats experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ped said there is no actually no proof that diaper rash and teething go hand in hand. However, the ONLY time my kids have diaper rash is when they are teething. NEVER had they had it otherwise. A few times I didn't even know they had teeth until I saw the rash and checked for teeth. So I am a believer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My kids always had diaper rashes around the time they were cutting teeth. My old pediatrician always said that there is an acid that gets released when teeth break throught the gum... causing loose stools w/higher acidity, thus can lead to diaper rashes.
    My current pediatrician disputes this, but you know, my kid's cutting her 2 top teeth and JUST got a horrible diaper rash. AQUAPHOR by the vat... helps their little bottoms heal quickly and eases the burn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I just learned sesame oil , right from the bottle is perfect for diaper rash. After the bath, or diaper change. It is supposed to absorb very easily into skin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• my nephew got horrid diaper rashes when he was teething! this can be very normal for some babes!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2010