What 2 do when u still love the father of ur child, but he just wont get his act right??

The father of my child n I just broke up last night. Im still very much in luv with him, but he just wont get his act riight!! Its all about him n only him! He is good 2 us when ever he feels like it only. spends time with us when ever he is in the mood only!! im so tired of his "BS" N DONT KNO WHAT 2 DO? Im not even sure if i should allow him 2 c his daughter of 3 months? I'll admit that he is great 2 her when ever he comes around, but he only comes around when ever he feels like it n I dont think it's ok 2 b a part time dad! What would u do if u were me or in my shoes?

CHIKITA2007

Asked by CHIKITA2007 at 3:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I almost broke up tonight with mine for the same reasons. He's so carrying and understanding when he's not mad, but when he feel insulted it all goes out the window. I constantly tell him "ANyone can love me babe if they're not mad" he doesn't get it. For example: the house I live in is his, I moved into it to help him out. I was renting my own. So I live in HIS house, well if I ever bring up if we'd breakup how we'd handle things etc he says things like "You can stay here till you;re done with school, I'm not kicking you & my son out etc" all civil like. Ah, but when we fight it's "you've two wks get the f*ck out etc" it's annoying and trust me. sometimes I feel I try to work it out with him just so i dont have to be in love a little here and there because from this point out, he's the father of my child. I'll ALWAYS have to see him & doubt I'd really ever truly get over him, so for now. I stay ;( lame reason I know. GL tho!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Oh and PS , my SO said that if we broke up he'd only get to "see his son" every three months...so trust me I dont want that either. And HE said IT, NOT ME. Never once have I told him he wouldn't get to see his child etc. so I feel you on the whole being selfish and only seems to be there part time for you..oh and my son isn't even here yet, 2 more months ;(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I am sorry OP that he isnt manning up to his responsabilities. the only thing you can really do is move on with your life and be mom and dad both to your daughter. I would not refuse him contact though. unless he is abusive, he should get some contact. You would regret it later if you didnt allow it.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Some times love has nothing to do with it. If he is not doing right by you, you need to move on and find a man who will treat you right and be there for you.

Answer by louise2 at 6:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Try staying friends and agree to date others
    whistlemom3

Answer by whistlemom3 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2010