custody papers without a lawyer

My son had a baby with a girl he didn't love (don't even get me started on that one, feel free to bash, i know i near about killed him) anyway, my question is this, the baby is 5 months old and so far things have been civil (for the most part). Can my son and the baby's mother draw up custody papers without a lawyer?

mouse1085

Asked by mouse1085 at 5:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• not really, i mean its not in either of thier best interests and without it going through the court and stuff it can easily be broken. but in many states you can file on your own without a lawyer
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think he need to go to court to do all the custody visitation stuff. And child support thing.

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• they can - but wither one of them can vialate at any time and there is nothing to be done about it.
    they can go to court with out a lawyer if they can agree they may not even see a judge, just the mediator, but it becomes legal and official and that way there is no probs
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Anonymous