Are you still close with your inlaws after your divorce?

This question is for those who have had a good relationship with their inlaws prior to the divorce. How did the divorce effect your relationship? Are you still close or do you not even speak anymore? Please tell me about your experience.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Here is an answer from the other side. The daughter of a friend of mine divorced. My friend had had a friendly relationship with their daughter's husband. They still care about him, but they feel that to continue a friendly relationship would be disloyal and maybe painful to their daughter, so they do not initiate communication anymore- no cards, calls, etc. They recognize that he is still the father of their grandchild, so if they see him they are nice.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I am friendly with my ex's mom - but my ex doesn't want me to have a friendly relationship with her. So I keep it to a minimum. After all - she is my daughter's grandmother and she is nice. My husband's ex in-laws ADORE him and call him frequently calling him "their other son" still. They were furious at their daughter's infidelity and divorcing of him. They were embarrassed and heartbroken. They are very nice to me and have invited us to go and visit them at their home. They were also at our wedding. It is a little odd and somewhat uncomfortable for me - but I tolerate it because they are very sweet and in their 80s. The mother still gets all sad over the divorce (happened 3 years ago - 25 year marriage) and says things to my DH like you will always be like a son to us.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• They said :LEAVE HIM"
    Then ,when I DID,.......
    THEY TURNED ON ME LIKE WILD DOGS !!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:32 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• I am closer to my ex inlaws than my ex is.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2010