She is about to turn 2!

I can not git rid of the bottle. Help! My daughter is about to be 2 and she is still on the bottle. Is there any tricks like giving her only water in a bottle. She sleeps with it, like it is a security blanket.

Theone3608

Asked by Theone3608 at 7:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put nothing in it. her teeth are gonna rot if you keep letting her sleep with a bottle at night. even just water will cause tooth decay. you are the momma take charge! you want no bottle, take away the bottle. give her a blankie or stuff animal in its place. might be some crying but she will give in eventually.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My kids were like that. I decided to give my son only water in the bottle, but he loved it. He had that until he was 3! Then one day he told me "Bottles are for babies". And that was that. He never had another one! It was pretty east actually.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• HAVE YOU TRIED THE SIPPY CUPS WITH STRAWS? SOME KIDS LIKE THE STRAW SO MUCH, THEY FORGET ABOUT THE BOTTLE.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have tried them, she like the other's better. The first lady who answered me, I wanted advice. tips and tricks on how to rid the bottle, not "Your the Momma, take charge"
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2010