aching breasts

hi. my dd is 1 month old. some days she nurses well and other days she has shorter feeds. today morning when i woke up my breasts especially my right was aching not the nipple or the aerola but the whole breast. and there was no engorgement. could it be that i slept at a wrong angle or something or maybe my bra. ive been wearing the same bras since she was born.

happymum2010

Asked by happymum2010 at 7:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be that you slept wrong but you could also be getting a plugged duct. You should take a Warm/hot shower and let the water run over your breasts and maybe express a little. I know that whenever mine hurt that's what I did.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 8:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• that sounds like a clogged duct to me. those hurt so bad. showering did not always work for me, but what did work a lot of times was a hot wask cloth and massage. i put the wash cloth over more sore breast and massaged it (which was extremely painful). when the clog released i felt an even worse sharp pain and then it was almost instantly gone and it felt so much better.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 8:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• but arent you supposed to be able to feel a clogged duct?? my breast is very soft and there is no lump
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i couldnt feel ne thing other than the pain when i massaged it
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 4:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2010