38 weeks early labour ??????

yesterday i lost mucus plug and since yesterday morning i have had very bad lower back aches aswell as period cramps off and on , the more im on my feet active the stronger they are, does this mean i could be in slow labour???? i feel stupid asking as this is my 4th child but the other 3 were so different , i am 38 weeks too , i really hope i am as im so so big honestly u would think i was carring triplets and im at the stage now were i just want him out lol

also how did u go near the end of your last preg or now even if you near the end???

happymam2b

Asked by happymam2b at 8:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• are you timing the cramps? are they becoming consistant? the fact that they are getting worse with being on your feet MIGHT indicate slow progresing labor. why dont you give your OB a call and see if you can get checked out today?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i think you might be in early labour.. and if its your fourth then your labour might not last long. perhaps a visit to the doc with you hospi bag with you might be a good idea.
    my second baby i started mild contractions monday early morning abt 5ish. and then when i woke up i had started getting pinkish discharge. went to the doc who said id likely have to checkin by evening. however i ended up checking in tueday 2 am. all through monday the contractions were mild. around midnight they were difficult to bear. baby was out by 6 tues morning.
    all the best!!!
    ps. i looked like i was carrying twins. after my seventh month people thought i was due any time.. :)
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 8:55 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No offense to ne one else but dont listen to ne one who says time the cramps. If you think it could be labor go get checked out just to be safe. I have had three kids and my first one I had contractions that were not regular the entire time i was laboring, doctors and nurses argued with me that i wasnt in labor bc the contractions were not regular. 5 hours later i gave birth. with my second, the contractions were irregular and even stopped when i was 5 cm dilated, they had to give me petocin and they were regular then. with my third they induced me tho so it was good. but despite what anyone says, even doctors, contractions do not have to be regular to be in active labor.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 9:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• don't feel bad asking, this is my 4th pregnancy, and all of mine were very different too. wish i was like the moms that have those predictable pregnancies! i think if they are timeable, then you most likely are in labor. if they slow down when you rest and drink water, then maybe you should do that. i would line up child care just in case :)
    good luck to you and your growing family!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It's not early labor if you are 38 weeks. Full term is to 37 weeks.
    If you are concerned either call your OB or go up to L&D. They'll check you out and if you aren't ready they'll send you home.
    My moms water broke and she went to the hospital, they said she wasn't yet in real labor and sent her home. As soon as she got home and my step-father left to pick up his children who lived 2 hours away she went into true labor.
    So, even if you go and they tell you that you aren't ready yet it could happen soon. Good Luck and congrats on your baby!
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 10:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would definatly have your doctor check you but thats me, Im one of those that is concerned about everything and dont mind asking my doctor things. I went into labor at 38 weeks with my first child and I just remember the contractions were coming on every 5-10 minutes. My aunt gave me great advice considering I was a first time mom, she said they way you can tell your in labor is when you feel a contraction and if you walk around and it doesnt go away then its time to call the doctor and that helped out so much.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• thanks all , but when i say early labour i mean the first stages in labour , i do no 37 weeks can be classed as full term , im not on about premiture labour lol
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 7:35 AM on Feb. 11, 2010