Soothing a cough

How can I sooth my 10 month old's cough? I've given her a vapor bath, rubbed baby Vicks on her chest & back, and that made her nose feel better, but she has this HORRIBLE cough. Can I give her warm tea or juice to help loosen the mucus up?

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she has a fever, take her to the doctor. It's not always a cold! I'm sure you'd rather find out that it's viral from a doctor than for it to be something much worse. Hope your baby gets better quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My 3 month old had a terrible cough and the pediatrician recommended lathering his feet with vicks and covering them with socks. I did this in the morning and at night and the cough was gone the next day. You can also read about it if you google vicks on the feet...it is pretty amazing stuff...Good luck!!!
    baby103109

Answer by baby103109 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I've done that before with my DD, and it's worked in the past. She likes to take her socks off and suck her toes (gross) and I don't want her to suck the vicks off..lol, but I'll def. do it again. thanks!
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 7:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2010