best medicines for my animals!

What have you found to be the best heartworm and flea prevention for your dogs and cats. Also what all do you give your animals monthly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pets

• My dogs get Heartguard Plus monthly and that is all. We've never really had a flea/tick problem (they get bathed once every week or two and spend the majority of time inside), but I will put the preventative on them if I start to see any fleas and will repeat for a couple of months. Once the fleas are gone, I discontinue. I check them daily so if I do find a tick on them, it hasn't been on them for very long. Lyme isn't a problem were I live so I don't worry too much about it.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I use Triheart which is the generic for Heartguard. It is a little cheaper but just as good. I also like Intercepter for the dogs. I use Frontline and advantage for my dogs and mostly use revolution for my cats.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I use heartguard for my dogs and fronlitne for flea and tick prevention
    bxmommy2be

Answer by bxmommy2be at 10:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2010