How long to keep my kids home from school?

They woke up with chicken pox. They are 7 and 9.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• They had H1N1 twice???? Wow. They should have immune systems of steel now. Encourage them to lick the front door like my 4 year old did when he was 2. The worst thing he's ever had is croup!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 12:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• a child with chicken pox should be kept out of school until the blisters have healed, usually about 1 week. You should check with your Dr if you are unsure
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• What Sati said...She's so smart! I'm sorry your LOs are ill. Get some calomine lotion. They're going to need it.
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• she has google!! not smart just fast LOLOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:17 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• PAAAHAHAHA!!! You were still awake enough to think to google!
    Ann_Ony_Mouse

Answer by Ann_Ony_Mouse at 9:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I wasn't prepared for this one! I had all but given up on them getting it. I exposed them to it so many times and they just wouldn't get it! Until H1N1 came along, we hadn't had the flu for 6 yrs! So, I am thinking that their immune systems were weakened a little since they had H1N1 (twice) this year!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• At least a week, depending how bad they get it. I had a very mild case when I was younger, and was out of school for a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• 10 days is what I had to stay out and what the school district I live in requires. Also, the pox have to ALL be crusted over and the fever gone for 24 hours WITHOUT medication. Check with your school or health department.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2010