Have you ever let an insult slip out to your child, and felt like a complete donkey butt?

I was trying to give my dd some medicine this morning, cuz she woke with a fever...and she gagged and spewed it out. In my frustration, before I thought, I let the b word slip out, and immediately appologized and said that was an ugly thing to say, and I was really wrong for it, and she is NOT that disgusting and horrible word-Mommy is for even saying it to her. I've apologized about 50 times and asked her to forgive me. My baby is sick. She did not, and does not deserve that. I feel like such a poo! :(
I guess the good thing about it is she sees how falible and imperfect I am, and that it is important to apologize immediately when one realizes that they're wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldnt worry about it .. i sometimes slip and scream what the eff are u doing to my ds ... we are not perfect creatures were just moms and sometimes we get frustrated and it happens ..dont feel so bad stress gets to the best of us
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Thanks so much for those encouraging words. I really needed that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I haven't said what you said, but I have slipped and said something that I instantly regretted. You apologized and you feel bad for it, so don't beat yourself up forever. You made a mistake, just like anyone else. You're not perfect, neither am I nor is anyone else.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• it happens, we all lose our mommy cool. I once uttered son of a bi$ch in front of my son kinda towards him and i felt like a donkey too
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yep I have. And I felt like total dirt afterward. Just do what you did and forgive yourself as well. It doesn't mean your a bad mom. Just means your human like the rest of us.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I honestly expected a bashing...Thank you ladies SO much! :')
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I had one of those days just yesterday!!! I felt like the world's worst mom. Thankfully, my kids are very forgiving. We're human.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Meh, most of us moms have been there a time or two. I wouldn't worry about it sweets
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yep mamas make boo boos too. What is most important is what you do AFTER you called her that. You did good. You apologized. My dd has this book called "Oops, I made a mistake." So yes Ive slipped up here and there and I tell her that I make mistakes too, like in her book.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I did this too, and wow...i felt so bad, my little just looked at me like I can't believe you just said that!!!! Apologize and move on.....sucks, I know it!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2010