Which Healthcare Coverage do you want?

Affordable Healthcare that is dictated by the federal government?

Affordable Healthcare that allows you to choose what your family needs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish i knew the answer. I know that private insurance companies are a no go for me. none accept me. i dont know how that will change if the health care thing changes in america
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Keep the same insurance we have, through my husbands job.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Health care that is not exclusionary, overly expensive and does not consistently try to give you less for more. Health care that is not designed by the business' bottom line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i second that anon
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I prefer the latter with a bit of what anon at :32 mentioned. We need reform, I just don't see what they have proposed as reform. In fact, it sounds like a damned good deal for insurance companies.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I personally want to get rid of insurance companies, and I would adore UHC. There are some things that should be sacred enough that greed and profit aren't the focus.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 10:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Do people really think healthcare allows you to chose your needs? Why don't you ask anyone who has been really sick or needed something really expensive and see if their insurance they thought was so wonderful covered all their needs. Or ask someone who can't get insurance because of a pre-exsisting condition, if their needs are bring met? I will take Gov run healthcare anyday.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I agree with Anon :32, QM and all those who realize that unless you're mega rich, your chances of surviving a major medical illness (especially to the primary wage earner or policy holder) financially unscathed are Nil, NO MATTER YOUR CURRENT PROVIDER. If you want the best shot at recovery, YOU will be paying, not the insurance company. The Insurance companies are in the business OF MONEY MAKING, not administering top flight healthcare. The $$$ made is generated from policy writing and collecting premiums, NOT by paying for some sick individual's catastrophic illness. PPl really need to educate themselves, and stop being so afraid, because we all will be in trouble if real hc reform does not happen.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I should clarify, I am not in favor of government run health care of any kind. I think there needs to be real insurance reform. Not the special interest filled crap they are pushing right now. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You would still have thing not being covered with government ran ...there are plenty of cases of such happening within the government health insurance today
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2010