Holocaust not true?

I read an article in another post that claims Muslims do not believe the Holocaust happened. Is that true? Is there a segment of the population that does not believe the Holocaust is not real? If you are Muslim-do you believe that? I had never heard of this until I read the article.

soyousay

Asked by soyousay at 9:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I also visited Dachau when we were at a base in Germany and the Germans are still extremely sorry that it happened. We were in the Air Force and made some friends there. They are not afraid to admit the truth and they are ashamed of the people,including Hitler of course, who created that Hell on Earth for the people who died in the concentration camps. So---those of us who have actually been there and talked with real people, know it is true.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have heard about this before. there is actually a high up person in the Catholic church who was a DEVOUT denier of the Holocost until recently. I dont actually believe he has changed his mind,.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Nope. Hon you are wrong. My husband is Muslim and he thinks this statement is BS. YES they believe in it. YES they know their history. Are you trying to stir up crap. Because, I can tell you first hand.... MOST OF THESE MUSLIM people are way better people than we ever will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yes there are people who believe it didn't happen. Not sure of the Muslim link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• ANON- NO, I was trying to clarify what I read- like I said the article "claimed" and I have not heard of such a thing. To me, its useful to hear directly from those that are "accused" than to just read an article and take it as truth- that is why I asked. Your answer was helpful as you have first hand knowledge- even with your snippy remark at the end.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• oops- and I have a double negative in there as well.. sorry about that!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Anon... she is not trying to stir up trouble. I read the question and article that she is talking about and it did say that some teachers are deciding not to teach about the Holocaust because its offending Muslims students in their class who do not believe it happened.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i have heard that muslim extremest push that idea. they should meet the people i know who have the numbers on their wrist....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• White supremacists don't think it happened

Mel Gibson don't think it happened or thinks it was over exaggerated

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• There are actually quite a few of all different backgrounds who think it either never happened or its been exaggerated..and yes some muslims.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010