Do you make enough for there to be left-overs on PURPOSE?

I know I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes yes and sometimes no. If my hubby is working in town (he's usually gone), then, yes, because he can take leftovers for lunch or eat them for a snack. If it's just me and the girls, then I try not to make too much extra because it may not get eaten. Certain things, though, I will make a ton of so that I can freeze half and have a meal for another night :)
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• yes! we prefer leftover dinners to sandwiches for lunch. my dh doesn't really enjoy leftovers, so the kids and i can eat them on the days he misses dinner!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Just enough for my DH to take for lunch the next day. Me and the kids make/eat our own lunch.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• What Happy and Christina said. I love leftovers for lunch. Much better than sandwiches or buying McD's
    RainingHeart

Answer by RainingHeart at 9:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• We only cook fresh meals Friday - Monday. The rest of the week we eat leftovers. This helps save a bit on the grocery bill and my family also eats healthier this way.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 9:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 9:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I don't. I'm the only one who eats them (dh has a 'thing' about leftovers)

if its something really good I make extra for the nights that he's home late. or we have a fast dinner night (thursday gymnastics is at 5pm)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I usually make the same amount of food. Sometimes we have leftovers sometimes not. But I never complain when there's enough left over for a complete meal in the near future. : )
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I try but it doesn't happen very often. I have a pre-teen that will eat us out of house and home on a daily basis. Some days his younger siblings are there with him, sometimes not. So if there are leftovers we are lucky.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I make enough for DH to have lunch the next day. He loves left overs and its cheaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010