When you drop your kids at school do you drop them off right where they are supposed to be dropped off where there is a teacher greeting you or do you tell them to go ahead and get out so they can be in the building before the cars in front of you leave bc they are waiting for the kids in front to get dropped off.

In other words while the car in front of you are waiting for the kids to be dropped off you are patiently waiting for your turn or do you just plainly tell the kids to go into the building either way YOU have to wait.

Sometimes I wait or sometimes I tell them to get down I'd perfer to wait that much longer to have them with me...:)
Your thoughts thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There is a church across the street from my daughters school. I park there, walk her to the cross walk, kiss her goodbye, and watch her go into the building. She's 10
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My oldest two ride their different buses. I do drop my 11 year old off at his bus stop (a mile from the house) and watch him get on the bus. My 12 year old walks to his bus stop around the corner and I see him there as I drive my 5 year old to Kindergarten. Many parents just drop their kindergartener off on the curb at the school but I park and walk my daughter to her class.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I park and walk my son to his class he is 5! Other days he has to ride the bus, but I like taking him as much as I can!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I park up the street and walk my son in or his father does ever day
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I park on a side street that borders the school field. they get out and walk across the field (this is the first year they don't want me walking them across) , I wait until they get across the field then leave. there's usually a few minutes to play outside before they have to go in.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I drop off my daughter right in front of the lunch room for her to eat breakfast and wait til she's in side the lunchroom before I get back in line. Once a week I eat with her and walk her to her class, get some one on one time with her and see her friends I hear so much about!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 11:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No lines, no teacher greeters, etc. I drop them in the bus zone because that's how it works at our school. There are maybe 10 people that drop of kids, the rest ride the bus - we only have 2 busses. Our preschool has to be signed in & out, so we park and bring her in and the other 2 go in their door on those days, the other non-preschool days we just drop them as close to their door as we can get.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I used to walk my kindergartner to her class then one day she asked me not to ... so like her, she is so independent. So now we either stop at the school doors or just up the road [where ever we can] and let her walk in. I ALWAYS wait until she is in though before driving off.
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 4:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• At my childs school u have to go in the car rider line and u can only enter from one way. So we drive pass the school to get to the line. Takes forever. You arent allowed to even walk your kid up to the school.
    Anonymous