If you've been unemployed over the last 6 months or more are you planning to retrain by returning to school? Have you found a job that you are satisfied with without further education?

artC1s

Asked by artC1s at 9:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have not worked since right before my first baby was born. I am about to start online classes through our local college so that I can work from home. Getting a job right now would mean I would be working fast food and giving most of my check to a daycare center or at WalMart working nights. I can't imagine a job around here that I would be satisfied with.
    Anonymous

• no going back to school, no money to pay for it
    no jobs hiring around here either
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• my husband got fired 4 months ago. he was going to school to become a nurse even before he got fired, and he's continuing to do so while trying to find another job...but we just can't. we recieve the pell grant, and now so am I and I'm going to school part time online.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Feb. 9, 2010