Some women are bitches... my early morning rant..

My co-worker is.. how can I put this nicely.. a B-I-T-C-H!
Alright, so I work at a law firm where I and another girl are the only secretaries. We have separate offices (thank god)... because if I had to work in the same room w/her for 8 hrs a day she'd probably have some patches of hair missing from her head. My question is, how do you guys deal with bitchy, catty co-workers? Most of the time I let it roll off or just avoid her as much as possible but on days like today when Im already having a bad day her ignorant bullshit is not bouncing off so easily. We have our own way of doing things here in the office, she has hers, I have mine. When I don't do something the way SHE likes, she comes at me and speaks down to me like im a damn 3 yr old and is just a bitch about everything.. How to deal??... without snatching her up by her weave and smacking her around a few times.. LOL j/k.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk to your supervisor about the problem!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Smile very pleasantly at her and tell her that you don't appreciate being spoken to like a three year old and that you would appreciate being spoken to with respect. Then pleasantly continue your discussion.

Answer by Bmat at 10:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry... I sometimes deal with the same thing. Now, I only talk to her when I have to and I do not let her know when her actions bother me. I am better than that. When she comes to you with an issue, smile and be very nice about it... apologize and say thank you.

GL
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I don't know, I deal with the same thing with my MOM. I live with her. Sometimes I just hate my life, lol.
    haydsmom2007

Answer by haydsmom2007 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• why not ask her right to her face why is she acting like a hormonal 14 year old?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• The best way to disarm a person like her is to thank her for her opinion and then ask her if there's anything else she would like to say about the situation. Then when she is all done, tell her that you will give consideration to her opinions. You probably just did, but you are being polite to a person who definitely has some kind of problem.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Kill her with kindness. Seriously. I used to do that with a bitchy co-worker. It was therapeutic for me too because I was kind of messing with her, and she had no clue. She finally started acting better, I think it was because she figured out she couldn't get a rise out of me with her bitchiness.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I like the suggestions above, they are definitely the "high road". But if they don't work, you could always try embarrassing her, come back at her with a comment that belittles her in some way. She is being a bully and probably won't stop until she is put in her place I'm afraid.

Anonymous