i want to get my neighbor something and need ideas!

I have only been in my house for 6 months therefore I really don't know my neighbor just the friendly hellos when we run into each other anyway she always is helping us taking our garbage cans back putting salt down on the driveway. She is an older lady and I want to get her something to show her thanks. But have no clue what? Any ideas? Thanks!

Arianna0825

Asked by Arianna0825 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think you should have her over for lunch or take her out to lunch if you have babysitting! She probably would enjoy the interaction and is lonely. I think a nice hand cream or a gift certificate for a manicure would be lovely as well! I wish I had a nice neighbor like that!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Can you make her something? I always find older people (especially if they live alone) appreciate a dinner or a dessert. My hubby recently had surgery and my neighbor appeared at our door with dinner one night saying she figured our hands were full with DS and surgery and wanted to help make life easier for us....It was wonderful! Neighbors on the other size snow blew our driveway (which is super long!) to help us out. They have 2 teenagers so I made them a huge brownie and decorated it for the pro-bowl like it was a football feild and the end zones had the team names. It was cute- they loved it.
    If you dont cook... you could get a GC to a local pizza place... good luck- and very sweet to show your appreciation.
    SamMom912

Answer by SamMom912 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• thats sweet...i know how u are, when my new neighbors moved in i bought them a green carnation ( it was day before saint patricsday. ) and said welcome...so u could get her flowers...and a thank u card for all her help. and let her know u apreate what she has done. or u could bake her something. does she have kids? maybe getting them coloring books and cryons..anything u do im sure she will be thankful for your sweetness..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Invite her over for dinner, or bake her something and take it to her. If she lives alone I suspect she would enjoy some company. If she gardens maybe buy her some flowers to plant later in the spring.
    Anonymous

• Inviting her for lunch is the best idea, she would probably like the company and a meal
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Thanks everyone for all the responses. I think I might invite her over for lunch or dinner she lives alone and I think she would appreciate it.
    Arianna0825

Answer by Arianna0825 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Arianna....I want you for my neighbor! I have always loved doing things for other neighbors, but only a few really want it. I still give out Christmas cards to all my neighbors each year, but do something special for the neighbors who want to get to know me and my family. The gentleman behind us has a small breed doggy so I buy it some special doggy biscuits. We give out homemade goodies like pies and cookies to other neighbors, and I love to share flower seeds and starters with one other neighbor.
    We have a neighbor diagonally across from us in a nicer house (more money than us) and we noticed their pile of brush in their side yard. So we offered to burn it with ours that very day since that was what we were doing and she told me no thanks that they prefer to hire someone to haul it away. That's the last time we ever saw her.
    I know your lady neighbor will appreciate whatever you give of yourself...that is what matters.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2010