Can anyone give me advice on weaning a toddler?

I have a 26 month old son and I'm trying to wean but not having much luck. I have a job training the last week of Feb. I have been a SAHM for the last 3 yrs. so he's never been at a sitters either. He eats table foods, drink all sorts of stuff w/ a cup. He does still want to nurse throughout the day, there are some days that he only nurses at naptime adn of course at bedtime and through the night.
I'm really needing advice on how to get him to survive the sitters and not being able to nurse when I'm gone these 4- 8 hour days.
I do still plan on nursing at bedtime.
I really do enjoy nursing and so does he, so it's going to be rough. Maybe, I'm hoping that he can just go through the days with the sitter and be okay because I'm not around and once I'm done with training we can go back to where we were.??

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm with you on this one. I also am having trouble, what i am doing is pumping and offering with a bottle or a sippy cup. My son bites to the point I bleed, so I cut him cold turkey. I know that seems harsh but it is better to have a few hard days then resenting my child. Good luck By the way, I have been fighting this for almost 3 months now for all those out there that want to hate on me.
    M3momma

Answer by M3momma at 10:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would say that you should pump a couple of sippy cups of milk for her.

Because of her age, she will be fine. Because she's not with you. She won't even think about nursing until you come and get her. She's with the sitter and she can differentiate what goes on with her vs. what goes on with you. It's wholly possible to nurse before and after daycare and at night. A lot of babies do this.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2010