I cannot get good healthcare...should I go without?

I am a patient at the VA. I have no other insurance. For many reasons, I cannot receive adequate care at the local facility, and cannot obtain transportation to the next closest one. I am overdue for my annual, and I have several other routine care appointments, but I will never return to that facility for care. What to do...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Health

• what size town/city are you in? maybe there is a local low income clinic you can go to?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• there are 5000 people in my town. There is nothing wrong with me, exactly... I am just talking about routine exams, mostly. I have neurology appointments for intense persistent migraines, and physical therapy, and PTSD counseling...etc, all of which I can deal with I guess. I wish that there was some kind of public transit program or something, or that a taxi wasn't so expensive...
    FemVet

Answer by FemVet at 11:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• have you tried chiropractic for your migraines and for what ever you are doing pt for? i hate that our vets don't get better care!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Chiropractic is a great idea, but also expensive. I may be able to get the VA to cover chiropractic, though, since they do not offer it. I will try to get a referral.
    FemVet

Answer by FemVet at 12:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I can't remember what the program is called, but there is somewhere that can give you cab vouchers or bus passes for medical appointments. Look into that.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 2:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• thank you all for your answers.
    FemVet

Answer by FemVet at 2:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2010