How much?

How much would you tip on a tap of $65 & the waitress did nothing. This is a type of restaurant that is a buffet, so you get your own food. The waitress is suppose to get you refills of drinks if you want them, but she did not. We got our own refills. She checked on use 1 time is a hour that we were there & NO the place only had use & on other person eating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nothing, waitresses earn their tips by the service they provide. My sister's been a waitress for years and she even say's no matter how pissed off or bad she feels she can still plant a smile on her face and do her job. That's how she pays the bills, and it keeps the people coming back, so that's job security...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No tip.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• nothing. i usually don't tip in buffet restaurants. those waitress don't live off their tips, they get paid a lot more, than a waitress at a non-buffet restaurant.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• 5% and tell the manager about the service. It could be something as simple as she's having a really hard day (illness in the family, cramps, death etc) and normally she's a very good waitress. It could also be that she's a horrible waitress which is why i would talk to the manager.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would have left a dollar and a note! I would have explained why in the note, LOL Now if it had been great service I would have left at least $10
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• a penny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I don't tip for bad service. With really bad service, I let the manager know. Tipping indicates a job well done.

I once had a waitress complain to the owner about my lack of a tip after dinner with my brothers and their families. Party of 8, we were her only table. We were there an hour, had to track her down to refill the glasses one time, and she never checked on us. One of my brothers happened to be by the door and heard her complaints and how she didn't see how it was justified. He set the owner straight and the waitress was reprimanded.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• She did nothing. She gets nothing. She should expect nothing.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:01 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Between $2 to $5, even if the waitress did her job.
    If she is super friendly and extra helpful, then I would give a couple dollars more.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Nada.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2010